prisoner cocktails! 1 per ep
mr_bridger
2005-03-05 10:37:08 UTC
Arrival: The Cosmopolitan
"its very cosmopolitan here"
2 jiggers Vodka
1 jigger Cointreau
1 jigger cranberry juice
1 squirt of lime juice
Mix over ice and strain into cocktail glass

You get the jist?
1 per ep all suggestions welcome and I'll compile the list.

ta

245
Jill Mills
2005-03-05 11:09:44 UTC
Post by mr_bridger
Arrival: The Cosmopolitan
"its very cosmopolitan here"
2 jiggers Vodka
1 jigger Cointreau
1 jigger cranberry juice
1 squirt of lime juice
Mix over ice and strain into cocktail glass
You get the jist?
1 per ep all suggestions welcome and I'll compile the list.
ta
245
Yay!

(Knew you could do it, 245!) :-)

Jill
Frankymole
2005-03-05 16:08:22 UTC
Perfect for "A Change of Mind":

http://cocktails.about.com/od/shooters/r/lobotomy.htm

For "Do Not Forsake Me..." and the first appearance of Janet, I suggest:
http://cocktails.about.com/library/recipes/bloldlay.htm

And finally, for the series as a whole:
http://cocktails.about.com/library/recipes/blnuttyirishman.htm
--
Frankymole
~~~~~~~~

Information and evidence about Six of One, the disgraced Prisoner
Appreciation
Society, can be found at: http://www.sixofone-info.co.uk/

Prisoner & Portmeirion News can be found at:
http://www.theunmutual.co.uk
Frankymole
2005-03-05 12:09:30 UTC
Post by mr_bridger
Arrival: The Cosmopolitan
"its very cosmopolitan here"
2 jiggers Vodka
1 jigger Cointreau
1 jigger cranberry juice
1 squirt of lime juice
Mix over ice and strain into cocktail glass
You get the jist?
1 per ep all suggestions welcome and I'll compile the list.
ta
245
The Girl Who Was Death:
Brandy
Whisky
Vodka
Drambuie
Tia Maria
Cointrea
Grand Marnier
(one measure of each)
shaken, not stirred...
The "Chasse a Coeur".
--
Frankymole
~~~~~~~~

http://www.theunmutual.co.uk
Jill Mills
2005-03-05 12:33:43 UTC
'Living in Harmony'

Whisky!

Or a Prickley Pear beer.

(Sorry, but 'The Silver Dollar' saloon does not observe Happy Hour...)

They probably gave the Stranger a cocktail of drugs for his hallucinogenic
trip.

Does that count? ;-)

Jill
Frankymole
2005-03-05 16:04:52 UTC
Post by Jill Mills
'Living in Harmony'
Whisky!
Or a Prickley Pear beer.
(Sorry, but 'The Silver Dollar' saloon does not observe Happy Hour...)
They probably gave the Stranger a cocktail of drugs for his
hallucinogenic
Post by Jill Mills
trip.
Does that count? ;-)
Jill
Living in Harmony certainly calls for a Shooter
http://cocktails.about.com/library/recipes/blshooters.htm
(though ones like "Cranium Meltdown" and "Embryo" surely apply to Once
Upon A Time, and "Funky Monkey" to Fall Out).

In view of Larry Taylor's role as "Mexican Sam" - the first speaking
part in the story, maybe The Mexican's Revenge is appropriate:
1 1/4 oz tequila
1 1/4 oz triple sec
Fill with cranberry juice

Shake and pour over ice. Serve in cocktail glass. Garnish with a slice
of lemon and serve with straws.
http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink5327.html

"You don't like our town?"

For the discerning Essex viewer of the Stranger's saloon gal accomplice,
there is always "Kate's Mellons"
http://cocktails.about.com/library/recipes/uckatesmellons.htm
--
Frankymole
~~~~~~~~

http://www.theunmutual.co.uk
Steve Dix
2005-03-05 20:09:49 UTC
Post by Jill Mills
trip.
Does that count? ;-)
Jill
Living in Harmony certainly calls for a Shooter
http://cocktails.about.com/library/recipes/blshooters.htm
(though ones like "Cranium Meltdown" and "Embryo" surely apply to Once
Upon A Time, and "Funky Monkey" to Fall Out).
In view of Larry Taylor's role as "Mexican Sam" - the first speaking
1 1/4 oz tequila
1 1/4 oz triple sec
Fill with cranberry juice
Shake and pour over ice. Serve in cocktail glass. Garnish with a slice
of lemon and serve with straws.
http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink5327.html
"You don't like our town?"
For the discerning Essex viewer of the Stranger's saloon gal accomplice,
there is always "Kate's Mellons"
http://cocktails.about.com/library/recipes/uckatesmellons.htm
I'm surprised that no-one's mentioned a "Beach Boy" for "Dance of The
Dead".

;->
--
http://sinistrals.stevedix.de/ http://www.cdbaby.com/sinistrals
http://www.snorty.net/ http://www.stevedix.de/blog
mr_bridger
2005-03-06 09:58:47 UTC
That's the spirit!
Some great suggestions.
Would this sort of thing get onto the site Rick?
Think I've got most episodes covered-ish.
ta
245
Steve Dix
2005-03-06 13:04:10 UTC
On 6 Mar 2005 01:58:47 -0800, "mr_bridger"
Post by mr_bridger
That's the spirit!
Spirits?
Rick Davy
2005-03-06 15:19:35 UTC
Post by mr_bridger
That's the spirit!
Some great suggestions.
Would this sort of thing get onto the site Rick?
Think I've got most episodes covered-ish.
ta
245
Yes - a Prisoner cocktails page would be fun!

Rick
http://www.theunmutual.co.uk
mr_bridger
2005-03-06 10:21:12 UTC
***@kates mellons ;-))
but who would the discerning Essex viewer be, hmmm :-))
mr_bridger
2005-03-06 11:37:22 UTC
HERE GOES:
any better?

Arrival - COSMOPOLITAN
http://www.thatsthespirit.com/en/drinks/recipe.asp?recipe_id=2027

Chimes of Big Ben - COOL COLENEL
http://www.thatsthespirit.com/en/drinks/recipe.asp?recipe_id=142

AB&C - ABC
http://cocktails.about.com/od/shooters/r/ABC1.htm

Free for All - WITCHES BREW
http://www.thatsthespirit.com/en/drinks/recipe.asp?recipe_id=2452

The Schizoid Man - GEMINI
http://www.thatsthespirit.com/en/drinks/recipe.asp?recipe_id=915

The General - CAFÉ NAPOLEON
http://www.thatsthespirit.com/en/drinks/recipe.asp?recipe_id=874

Many Happy Returns - BOOMERANG (aka MRS BUTTERWORTH)
http://www.thatsthespirit.com/en/drinks/recipe.asp?recipe_id=558

Dance of the Dead - MR TUXEDO
http://www.thatsthespirit.com/en/drinks/recipe.asp?recipe_id=2343

Checkmate - AN ENGLISH BISHOP
http://www.thatsthespirit.com/en/drinks/recipe.asp?recipe_id=1412

Hammer Into Anvil - VELVET HAMMER
http://www.thatsthespirit.com/en/drinks/recipe.asp?recipe_id=1318

Its Your Funeral - DEATHWISH
http://cocktails.about.com/library/recipes/bldeathwish.htm

A Change of Mind - LOBOTOMY
http://cocktails.about.com/od/shooters/r/lobotomy.htm

Do Not Forsake Me - OLD LAY
http://cocktails.about.com/library/recipes/bloldlay.htm

Living in Harmony - MEXICAN
http://www.thatsthespirit.com/en/drinks/recipe.asp?recipe_id=1624

The Girl Who Was Death - THE GIRL WHO WAS DEATH
Any from: Brandy; Whisky; Vodka; Drambuie; Tia Maria; Cointrea; Grand
Marnier

Once Upon A Time - DEGREE ABSOLUTE
http://www.thatsthespirit.com/en/drinks/recipe.asp?recipe_id=853

Fall Out - FUNKY MONKEY
http://cocktails.about.com/library/recipes/blfunkymonkey.htm
Frankymole
2005-03-06 12:02:33 UTC
Nice list, Mr B!

An alternative for "A.B. and C." could be "Dream Weaver":
http://cocktails.about.com/library/recipes/ucdreamweaver.htm
--
Frankymole
~~~~~~~~

http://www.theunmutual.co.uk
mr_bridger
2005-03-06 12:37:27 UTC
thats a better one frank
well use the list as a starter
then maybe Rick will publish? :-)
Brian Watson
2005-03-06 21:22:56 UTC
Post by mr_bridger
but who would the discerning Essex viewer be, hmmm :-))
Born in Ilford, went to school in Chelmsford, moved to Harlow....

Do I qualify?
--
Brian
Sig: <<I have nothing more to say>>
Mike Murphy
2005-03-07 16:55:35 UTC
At the beginning of the list of cocktails I suggest the 'Thunderclap'
which is simply a measure each of whisky, gin and brandy. In my youth
it was traditional to down a double thunderclap on one's birthday,
which used to start the evening off rather well, I think; can't really
remember...
Young people of today - they just play at binge drinking.
- Mike
Rick Davy