Jenny Agutter
Brian Watson
2005-09-20 06:06:12 UTC
D'you know, I spent an unreasonable amount of time last evening thinking
which female roles in The Prisoner Jenny Agutter could have played when the
series was made and, apart from the old lady with a hat like a tweed
jellyfish in ... (erm, darn it, I can't remember the episode) I reckon she'd
have been great as any of them.

Is this an irrational obsession, do you think?
--
Brian
"Anyway, if you have been, thanks for listening."
Rick Davy
2005-09-20 06:19:53 UTC
Post by Brian Watson
D'you know, I spent an unreasonable amount of time last evening thinking
which female roles in The Prisoner Jenny Agutter could have played when the
series was made and, apart from the old lady with a hat like a tweed
jellyfish in ... (erm, darn it, I can't remember the episode) I reckon she'd
have been great as any of them.
Is this an irrational obsession, do you think?
--
Brian
"Anyway, if you have been, thanks for listening."
LOL, Brian. Not at all. I often find myself thinking the same thing about
Konnie Huq and Tina Hobley. ;-)

But which role would have suited Jenny the best, Brian? I would say Virginia
Maskell's part in Arrival.

Rick
roger
2005-09-20 09:07:43 UTC
From: "Rick Davy" <***@NOSPAMbtopenworld.com>
Subject: Re: Jenny Agutter
Date: 20 September 2005 07:19
Post by Rick Davy
But which role would have suited Jenny the best, Brian?
I would say Virginia Maskell's part in Arrival.
PMFJITBF but I think she could have been interesting as the Queen in
Checkmate.

I presume the questioner is casting Jenny as she is today, i.e. 52 but not
remotely looking it, as opposed to the young teenager of 1966/7?
Sphinx601
2005-09-20 09:13:48 UTC
Post by roger
I presume the questioner is casting Jenny as she is today, i.e. 52 but not
remotely looking it, as opposed to the young teenager of 1966/7?
She's still very firm??? She could play Number 6!!!! Judy Dench as Number
2.

SPHINX
Slitheen
2005-09-22 01:20:41 UTC
Date: 20 September 2005 07:19
Post by Rick Davy
But which role would have suited Jenny the best, Brian?
I would say Virginia Maskell's part in Arrival.
PMFJITBF but I think she could have been interesting as the Queen in
Checkmate.
I presume the questioner is casting Jenny as she is today, i.e. 52 but not
remotely looking it, as opposed to the young teenager of 1966/7?
She was very beautiful indeed - more so when she was younger, IMO. In
American Werewolf......for me, she was especially beautiful in that. Must
have been the nurses uniform or something - worked for me. Fair actress too
(for the most part...some shocking performances along the line).

Jill Mills
2005-09-20 07:39:19 UTC
Post by Brian Watson
Is this an irrational obsession, do you think?
Yes.

And one that far too many men of your time of life share... :-)

Jill
{Not me}
2005-09-20 07:50:02 UTC
Post by Jill Mills
Post by Brian Watson
Is this an irrational obsession, do you think?
Yes.
And one that far too many men of your time of life share... :-)
Some of us have had that obsession since they first saw her.

Having met Jenny twice this year, I can say she is still absolutely
stunning and has an open invitation to play with me anytime she likes.
Not me
Ivor Jones
2005-09-20 12:23:57 UTC
Post by {Not me}
Post by Jill Mills
Post by Brian Watson
Is this an irrational obsession, do you think?
Yes.
And one that far too many men of your time of life
share... :-)
Some of us have had that obsession since they first saw
her.
Having met Jenny twice this year, I can say she is still
absolutely stunning and has an open invitation to play
with me anytime she likes.
I bet you didn't tell her that ;-)

With me, it's Ayshea from UFO :-) What part could she have played in TP,
I wonder..?

Ivor
Alan Jones
2005-09-20 15:50:32 UTC
Post by Ivor Jones
Post by {Not me}
Post by Jill Mills
Post by Brian Watson
Is this an irrational obsession, do you think?
Yes.
And one that far too many men of your time of life
share... :-)
Some of us have had that obsession since they first saw
her.
Having met Jenny twice this year, I can say she is still
absolutely stunning and has an open invitation to play
with me anytime she likes.
I bet you didn't tell her that ;-)
With me, it's Ayshea from UFO :-) What part could she have played in TP,
I wonder..?
Ivor
Jenny Agutter :-)
Ayshea Brough :-)

Sorry.... what was your question? ;-)

--
Al

http://www.thepennyfarthing.com
{Not me}
2005-09-20 16:53:48 UTC
Post by Alan Jones
Post by Ivor Jones
Post by {Not me}
Post by Jill Mills
Post by Brian Watson
Is this an irrational obsession, do you think?
Yes.
And one that far too many men of your time of life
share... :-)
Some of us have had that obsession since they first saw
her.
Having met Jenny twice this year, I can say she is still
absolutely stunning and has an open invitation to play
with me anytime she likes.
I bet you didn't tell her that ;-)
Came pretty close.

As we walked up to a gate, Jenny said "Ah, a kissing gate" - my
immediate response was "Is that an invitation?" Unfortunately, she
declined demurely.
Post by Alan Jones
Post by Ivor Jones
With me, it's Ayshea from UFO :-) What part could she have played in TP,
I wonder..?
Ivor
Jenny Agutter :-)
Ayshea Brough :-)
Sorry.... what was your question? ;-)
Who cares! Sweet dreams.

Whatever happened to Ayshea? She seems to have disappeared off the radar
in the early 1970s.
Not me
Sphinx601
2005-09-20 17:10:20 UTC
Post by {Not me}
As we walked up to a gate, Jenny said "Ah, a kissing gate" - my
immediate response was "Is that an invitation?" Unfortunately, she
declined demurely.
To be fair we don't know what you look like so how do we react to
that????

SPHINX
{Not me}
2005-09-20 18:22:29 UTC
In message
Post by {Not me}
Post by {Not me}
As we walked up to a gate, Jenny said "Ah, a kissing gate" - my
immediate response was "Is that an invitation?" Unfortunately, she
declined demurely.
To be fair we don't know what you look like so how do we react to
that????
Fair point. I did consider it my loss - not hers!
Not me
Ivor Jones
2005-09-20 17:55:44 UTC
"{Not me}" <***@f9h9r.deletespam.org.uk> wrote in
message news:WdFVM$***@blencathra.org.uk

[snip]
Post by {Not me}
Whatever happened to Ayshea? She seems to have
disappeared off the radar in the early 1970s.
I last saw her on stage in 1980. After that I heard she got married and
moved to California. Dreams dashed again :-(

Ivor
Brian Watson

redcat
2005-09-20 18:26:35 UTC
Post by {Not me}
Post by Ivor Jones
Post by {Not me}
Post by Jill Mills
Post by Brian Watson
Is this an irrational obsession, do you think?
Yes.
And one that far too many men of your time of life
share... :-)
Some of us have had that obsession since they first saw
her.
Having met Jenny twice this year, I can say she is still
absolutely stunning and has an open invitation to play
with me anytime she likes.
I bet you didn't tell her that ;-)
Came pretty close.
As we walked up to a gate, Jenny said "Ah, a kissing gate" - my
immediate response was "Is that an invitation?" Unfortunately, she
declined demurely.
Lost in the chevrons here. Who's jockeying for an invitation for a kiss
above??

redcat
{Not me}
2005-09-20 18:46:18 UTC
[snip]
Post by redcat
Post by {Not me}
Post by Ivor Jones
Post by {Not me}
Some of us have had that obsession since they first saw
her.
Having met Jenny twice this year, I can say she is still
absolutely stunning and has an open invitation to play
with me anytime she likes.
I bet you didn't tell her that ;-)
Came pretty close.
As we walked up to a gate, Jenny said "Ah, a kissing gate" - my
immediate response was "Is that an invitation?" Unfortunately, she
declined demurely.
Lost in the chevrons here. Who's jockeying for an invitation for a kiss
above??
Me - or Not me!!

And to link it with Liam Neelson, I should point out that a friend of
ours was at college with him.
Not me
redcat
2005-09-20 19:22:43 UTC
Post by Ivor Jones
[snip]
Post by redcat
Post by {Not me}
Post by Ivor Jones
Post by {Not me}
Some of us have had that obsession since they first saw
her.
Having met Jenny twice this year, I can say she is still
absolutely stunning and has an open invitation to play
with me anytime she likes.
I bet you didn't tell her that ;-)
Came pretty close.
As we walked up to a gate, Jenny said "Ah, a kissing gate" - my
immediate response was "Is that an invitation?" Unfortunately, she
declined demurely.
Lost in the chevrons here. Who's jockeying for an invitation for a
kiss above??
Me - or Not me!!
Ah, got it, {Not me}. Looks like there's a little Schizoid Man action
here! :-)

redcat
Steve Dix
2005-09-21 18:28:22 UTC
On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 19:46:18 +0100, {Not me}
Post by Ivor Jones
[snip]
Post by redcat
Post by {Not me}
Post by Ivor Jones
Post by {Not me}
Some of us have had that obsession since they first saw
her.
Having met Jenny twice this year, I can say she is still
absolutely stunning and has an open invitation to play
with me anytime she likes.
I bet you didn't tell her that ;-)
Came pretty close.
As we walked up to a gate, Jenny said "Ah, a kissing gate" - my
immediate response was "Is that an invitation?" Unfortunately, she
declined demurely.
Lost in the chevrons here. Who's jockeying for an invitation for a kiss
above??
Me - or Not me!!
Rimbaud, is that you?
--
http://www.cdbaby.com/sinistrals http://sinistrals.stevedix.de/
http://www.mp3tunes.net/TheSinistrals http://www.stevedix.de/blog
http://www.snorty.net/ <***@stevedix.de>
{Not me}
2005-09-21 19:38:01 UTC
Post by Steve Dix
On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 19:46:18 +0100, {Not me}
[snip]
Post by Steve Dix
Post by {Not me}
Me - or Not me!!
Rimbaud, is that you?
No - but like you, I'm sinistral (-:
Not me
Brian Watson
2005-09-20 17:55:33 UTC
Post by Ivor Jones
Post by {Not me}
Post by Jill Mills
Post by Brian Watson
Is this an irrational obsession, do you think?
Yes.
And one that far too many men of your time of life
share... :-)
Some of us have had that obsession since they first saw
her.
Having met Jenny twice this year, I can say she is still
absolutely stunning and has an open invitation to play
with me anytime she likes.
I bet you didn't tell her that ;-)
With me, it's Ayshea from UFO :-) What part could she have played in TP,
I wonder..?
She'd look darn fine as the maid. Or the taxi driver. Or The Supervisor (now
THERE's a radical casting suggestion).
Michele
2005-09-20 15:18:32 UTC
Post by Jill Mills
Post by Brian Watson
Is this an irrational obsession, do you think?
Yes.
And one that far too many men of your time of life share... :-)
Jill
Well Jill I would comment but I get the same way when I watch Liam
Neeson films. Put him in a role with a sword or lightsaber in his hands
and I'm reduced to a pool of drool. ;-)

Michele
redcat
2005-09-20 18:24:07 UTC
Post by Michele
Post by Jill Mills
Post by Brian Watson
Is this an irrational obsession, do you think?
Yes.
And one that far too many men of your time of life share... :-)
Jill
Well Jill I would comment but I get the same way when I watch Liam
Neeson films. Put him in a role with a sword or lightsaber in his hands
and I'm reduced to a pool of drool. ;-)
Michele
Michele,

Did you see him in "Kinsey"? a brief synopsis of which caused our
Ronster to exclaim lately.

redcat
Michele
2005-09-21 02:12:05 UTC
Post by redcat
Michele,
Did you see him in "Kinsey"? a brief synopsis of which caused our
Ronster to exclaim lately.
redcat
This little town I live in gets very few films and unfortuantely that
wasn't one that came here. However I may buy the DVD and wait until Mom
is at work and watch it. Don't want to shock her. ;-)

Michele
Brian Watson
2005-09-20 17:52:38 UTC
Post by Jill Mills
Post by Brian Watson
Is this an irrational obsession, do you think?
Yes.
And one that far too many men of your time of life share... :-)
Oi!

In 1976, when Logan's Run came out, I was 28 and it started there!

She was Jessica*6* (lest anyone think this is off topic here) and she and
Logan5 were doing a runner from the society in the City Of Domes that was
about to kill them through the pretence called Renewal.

Good concept, good story and (phew!) JA's legs.

The only legs I had seen up to that time that warranted a government health
warning.
--
Brian
"Anyway, if you have been, thanks for listening." Just going to have a lie
down.
{Not me}
2005-09-20 18:27:51 UTC
Post by Brian Watson
Post by Jill Mills
Post by Brian Watson
Is this an irrational obsession, do you think?
Yes.
And one that far too many men of your time of life share... :-)
Oi!
In 1976, when Logan's Run came out, I was 28 and it started there!
She was Jessica*6* (lest anyone think this is off topic here) and she and
Logan5 were doing a runner from the society in the City Of Domes that was
about to kill them through the pretence called Renewal.
Good concept, good story and (phew!) JA's legs.
The only legs I had seen up to that time that warranted a government health
warning.
Too true!

I can take it back to 1968 when she looked really cute but by 1970 she
was absolutely stunning and has hardly changed.
Not me
Roger Hembury
2005-09-21 12:16:39 UTC
Post by Brian Watson
D'you know, I spent an unreasonable amount of time last evening thinking
which female roles in The Prisoner Jenny Agutter could have played when
the series was made and, apart from the old lady with a hat like a tweed
jellyfish in ... (erm, darn it, I can't remember the episode) I reckon
she'd have been great as any of them.
Is this an irrational obsession, do you think?
--
Brian
"Anyway, if you have been, thanks for listening."
Two for the price of one this afternoon.

Pat and a very young Jen in "The Man In The Iron Mask" on C4 this afternoon.

Rog
Brian Watson
2005-09-21 17:55:57 UTC
Post by Roger Hembury
Two for the price of one this afternoon.
Pat and a very young Jen in "The Man In The Iron Mask" on C4 this afternoon.
Bother. Missed it.

The young J Agutter does not move me at all. I thought she was good in The
Railway Children (the first time around) but found the film itself too
saccharine for my taste.

Once she hit the full blossom of maturity, however, I began to see her in a
very different way.

:-)

She became a very confident and convincing actress who played a variety of
roles and radiated sex appeal too. Helluva gal, in short.
--
Brian